The Baby K’tan ORIGINAL is made of a 100% natural cotton with unique one-way stretch. The soft fabric will give you and your little a warm and cozy hold. Wear baby in multiple positions, without any wrapping or buckling.
- Ergonomic positioning for healthy infant development. - Evenly distributes weight across back and shoulders. - Double-loop design slips one like a t-shirt.
The carrier size generally corresponds to your fitted (tight) t-shirt size.
Each person is shaped differently, and like clothing, some people may fit into more than one size or fall in-between sizes on the above sizing chart. The following additional sizing tips should be used as a guide to assist you in ordering the optimal size.
* If you fall in-between sizes on the above sizing chart, CHOOSE SMALLER SIZE.
* If you are petite - 5’2" or under - CHOOSE SMALLER SIZE.
* If you are pregnant, use pre-pregnancy size to determine appropriate carrier size. Carrier size generally corresponds to pre-pregnancy fitted (tight) t-shirt size.
* Only choose larger size if you are 6 feet or taller.
* When trying on the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier (without your child inside), the lowest point of the carrier should fall just below your chest and above your navel. When wearing your child in the carrier, the lowest point of the carrier may fall at your navel or waist, but should not fall below your hips.
* When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier: if the lowest point of the carrier falls at or below your hips, choose a smaller size; if the lowest point of the carrier falls at your chest, choose a larger size.
* When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier, if the carrier feels too loose (i.e., child feels insecure, legs are bumping child’s body as you walk, or carrier easily slips off your shoulder), choose a smaller size.
* The size of the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is not based upon your child’s age or weight. The cross-stretch of the cotton knit fabric and the eight different carrying positions enables the carrier to grow with your child. Accordingly, you should not require a larger size as your child grows and develops from a baby to a toddler (up to 42 lbs).
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is made entirely of 100% natural cotton knit fabric. The Carrier should fit snugly and securely on you and your child. For optimal fit, wash and tumble dry - this enables the carrier to conform more snugly to your body. If you are new to baby wearing, you may think the Carrier is too small, however, a snug fit is optimal for securely carrying your child and for good back support. The cotton knit fabric enables the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier to stretch slightly to conform to you and your child.